Saturday, May 9, 2009

What Happened to My Hair?

I have been taking pictures of my ever growing belly every 4 weeks after Thursday yoga class. Now, granted the pictures are taken after yoga rather than before and they are taken on a yoga day rather than a day when I may try to have my hair done, but honestly, must I let my hair suffer so because I am pregnant?

I have had the pictures on a few different computers and finally placed them in order to be brought out to the public. I have noticed one common theme among all of them: As my belly gets bigger, my hair gets worse. My hair was styled at week 5, then it slowly begins to grow out with less and less style. There is the particularly bad day at week 20. I don't have any style here, just a tuft of hair sticking out the back.

Furthermore, I found myself wearing the same thing on week 8 and 16. Apparently my clothes get as much attention as my hair does. (This can be noted by not only the same shirt between photos, but the constant appearance of the same pants from week to week.)

(on a positive note for myself, I am still wearing the same pants in week 32 as in week 16.)

And why do I get further and further away in each picture? I will have to ask Angie that one. In the meantime, I am going shopping and scheduling a haircut.

(and if you are wondering what happened to week 12, well, I will tell you. It was a particularly stormy winter and due to inclement weather, class was canceled on week 12 photo day. Please don't ask why week 13 wouldn't suffice to make up for it. Apparently we felt if we miss the day, then the photo cannot be taken at any other time or place. This makes no sense to either of us now.)

1 comment:

Kathi and Bob said...

Love the pics, Jen. As I've said before, I think pregnant women have a special beauty. Your little one is almost here...how exciting. Happy Mother's Day!