Monday, May 25, 2009

Morning

I could have slept longer, perhaps a lot longer. But here I am, up at 7:30 on this beautiful sunny day. I am all alone. The windows are open, the birds are chirping, the house is quiet.

It never lasts long, soon Owen will be up with his owl (who desperately needs a bath (actually, they both really need a bath)) telling me about how he slept and asking what we are going to do today. Greg will be awake making breakfast, talking about the list for the store for the afternoon BBQ. The phone will start ringing as Angie and Ben and I discuss the day's menu. There are showers to be taken, clothes to be washed, rooms to be cleaned, animals to be fed, gardens to be watered, and if time permits, some work to be done.

So for now, I will thank Porter (the dog), for waking me up as he ran around upstairs no doubt in a desperate need to be let out. It made me get up and it gave me a few minutes to enjoy the day before it begins.

No comments: