Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Week 35

I can tell that the end is nearing. I am getting a little more uncomfortable with each passing day, but at the same time I am starting to feel a little apprehension about actually having two kids and realizing 35 days goes awfully fast. And not necessarily two kids but a baby!! I feel like I have no idea what I am doing, 4 years have gone by, it is as though I have never done this.

I suppose when Owen was born I truly had never done it and somehow we survived. Actually, we not only survived, but I would say we did quite well. We will at least survive this time around.

Owen is still excited and says everyday that he can't wait for his baby to be born so he can take care of her and hold her. We were almost asleep the other night in our bed when he announced that as soon as she comes, he will be sleeping in his bed in his room and the baby will sleep in her crib in his room as well. He even went so far as to say that daddy and I would sleep in my room. I thought for sure he was planning on taking me with him. So, I am not sure how these sleeping arrangements will work, but we will roll with the punches and take it one day at a time. I suppose it is at least the thought that counts.

Little baby still has no name. At least we still have 35 days (plus or minus a few).

Things were fine at my last dr. appointment, I even lost a pound. I have no idea what I have gained overall, I don't let them tell me unless they think it is too much. Each time they say I am doing great. I would mind hearing what the weight gain is, but even 35 weeks pregnant, it is nice to hear you lost a pound. Everything is measuring fine and my blood pressure is still low (Greg is convinced that dead people have higher blood pressure than I do). I have my 36 week appointment next week in which they will test for Group B Strep and then we are down to weekly visits.

She still has 3 things to wear. I seem to be getting the cleaning done, errands done, and a lot of work done, but as far as baby preparations go, not much is happening there. Hopefully I don't have to send Greg out to buy her something to wear home from the hospital. That could be a bad start to her life. At least we have 35 days.

No comments: