Monday, September 24, 2012

My drug of choice

Can I have a title like that when I have a recovering drug addict brother? Hmmmm. Not sure, but moving on.

Toast. I love toast. Yep toast. I am the Forrest Gump shrimp guy. I love butter toast, cinnamon toast, jelly toast, and especially honey toast. Really, any toast will do.

Which leads me to the drug part. I haven't been eating my beloved toast due to my very restrictive corn free diet. The bread I love has corn stuff in it and I try to limit the gluten/wheat I eat due to a relation to a gluten allergy and a corn allergy. That being said, sometimes I cannot help myself. I want and need toast. The last few weeks I decided a little toast never hurt anyone and I would just have a piece here and there. Nope.

Two with breakfast. Ivy's crust. One for a snack. One after dinner. One before bed.

Maybe it was the lack of anything like toast for so long, or maybe I am a toast addict.

So, I had to stop. I didn't feel great, and Autumn was scratching her feet a little more. It has only been three days and I really could use a honey toast right now.

On the positive side of things, I feel more energized and crave my healthy salads all day again.

On the negative side of things, I want toast. I will go to sleep thinking about it and will fight my urges tomorrow to pop in one piece. I have been through it before, in a few days I won't think about it so often and almost eat one more than once during the day. It subsides.

Until then, it is clear: My name is Jen and I am a toast addict and yes, I just wrote a post about toast.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Can you have potatoes? I don't eat Gluten because I can't digest it, and I have found some Yummy bread made by UDI that is made from potato flour.

Kati Leigh said...

One day at a time! That's that motto. ;)