Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The worst week

It all started two weeks ago, Ivy got a mysterious fever, threw up once and slept all day and night. The next day she seemed like herself and I thought we were through the worst of it. Not the case.

There was no more throwing up or strange fevers but there was an evil child. I sort of wanted that fever back.

I will summarize the evilness of the week with oh how about Wednesday.

We woke up and that ended the good part of the day. She didn't want to get dressed, she didn't want to eat, she only wanted to cry and cry and cry. I took her to school and she kept crying and rubbed her eyes and said mommy over and over. I left with her crying and to be honest, I can't even remember how I got out of there.

Within an hour the phone rang with an update that she had been crying since I left, they tried everything, and she eventually laid on the mat and fell asleep whimpering and she may need to be picked up early. We said goodbyes and within ten minutes Autumn and I were on our way to get her.

I picked her up crying and she went home crying. She stopped for a minute to change into her gymnastics clothes and to tell me she wanted to bring her brush to gymnastics. And then the world ended and we left without the brush. She screamed all the way there and we would have missed her class if we came back for it.

Once at gymnastics a horrible chain of events occurred. I told her we were not going, she said she was done crying and cried all the way in. I told her we were leaving, she said she was done crying and stood behind a plant in the gym that had all of 5 people in it, screaming that she was not leaving and wanted her brush. I picked her up to leave and carried her kicking, screaming, clawing self outside.

Thank heavens for boot camp and strong arms, if she would have escaped I would have died.

I took her outside and asked her to stop crying so we could go back in. She screamed for her brush, leaving me no choice but to pick her up, put her in the car and forcefully shove her and trap her in her seat.

We drove away while she screamed to go back. With the promise she would stop crying I turned around only to turn around again and head home.

It was about then I almost lost my mind. Good thing I didn't, I needed to be on my best behavior for the policeman who said I was going 41 in a 25. Luckily Ivy was still screaming and I must have looked like I was going to go crazy and start crying like that myself cause he let me go with a warning to have a better day and go slower.( At least she kept crying during that event. I would have gone mad if she suddenly stopped and sat back there quietly).

She fell asleep before we got home and trust me I left her that way. I treated her sleeping self sort of like a sleeping lion.

This was the whole week. I almost even took her out of school forever cause i thought school was traumatizing her and I almost gave her away twice.

Somehow we made it and now looking back I think she was sick (or possessed). This week she has smiley eyes, she ate salmon again, and said goodbye to me at school with a brave little face and no tears.

Myself, the teachers at school, probably most of the kids at school, for sure the people at gymnastics, and the policeman hope she really was ill and we don't do that again.





No comments: