Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'll leave the light on for you

Staying with me is sort of like staying at the Motel 6. Staying with Angie, on the other hand, is more like staying at the Hilton, or maybe even better.

See for yourself.

Angie's house is cleaned top to bottom the night before your stay. (even the night before her son's surgery)

My house, well it just gets left however it is, so hopefully you arrive the day after our house cleaner and not the day before, that makes a big difference on however it is.

Angie calls you before you leave to find out what you would like to eat during your stay.

I forget you are coming.

Angie stocks her fridge and cupboards with not only the food you ordered but a few extras she picks up that she thinks you may enjoy.

I am currently out of cheese, paper towels, butter, and we are down to the last few rolls of toilet paper. We barely have the basics, who has time to pick up extras.

Angie has a guest room in the basement and keeps Evan quiet until at least after ten to assure her guests are well rested.

My guests sleep on the bottom bunk with Owen on the top. I have no control over what time he peeks down at you to loudly ask if you are awake.

Angie asks her guests their favorite shows and assures her dvr is set to record.

My guests watch Dora and Curious George.

Angie has a spare blow dryer in the guest bathroom so you don't need to even pack yours.

At my house you can borrow mine and the good news is that I just got a new one so you don't have to hold the back on while you dry your hair. Yay!!

Angie is somehow able to make one of her cars an extra car and give you your own car.

You get to ride in my van and usually in the back because Owen insists everyone rides next to him.

Angie cancels all of her appointments and obligations to cook dinner and spend as much time with you as possible.

It is business around here as usual but you can ride with me on my errands and boot camp is only an hour.

In summary, if you are planning to head up this direction, you may want to call ahead and book your stay with Angie. If she is full, call me and I will give you our housecleaning schedule.

.. .... I wonder if I can leave and stay with Angie for a few days. .....


3 comments:

Momma J said...

I laughed all the way through this! It doesn't matter what the circumstances are, we all love to come visit with you guys! Well, okay, an indoor shower and toilet at preferred, but other than that, it is the people we love, not the circumstances. Hooray for differences in people anyway!
I love you guys!

Dan and Patrice said...

I LOVED staying at your house a couple of years ago for Ben's wedding. It was a blast. I thought you were a great hostess. Don't be so hard on yourself!!

-Dan

P.S. I love reading your blog entries.

Kati Leigh said...

I always love your blogs, but this was especially funny!!! You make me laugh. :) Plus, I liked that the other side of your comparison scale was a Hilton. Thanks for that. ;)