Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It wasn't me

I experienced my first bad deed that no one did.

(although if I were a betting person I would put my money on Ivy)

Ivy was watching tv the other day and I noticed something on the tv. As I went over and tried to wipe it off I realized it wasn't coming off. I turned off the tv to find the entire thing scratched.

A little alarmed, I asked Ivy what happened. She said she and Owen scratched it with some keys, followed quickly by an actually she thinks Owen did it, or maybe actually it was her, she didn't know.

When I explained that this was very sad and dad's favorite thing was ruined, she became quite sure Autumn or Owen did it but she did not do it. She never wavered a bit after that.

Owen came home from school and although I swear he took a few moments to compose himself and his sneaky smile definitely was there, he maintained it was not him. They both were so suspicious and convincing at the same time.

Here we are a few days later and no one did it. I sort of feel like they both know and agreed not to tell me but how could a 7 year old a a 3 year old be capable of such deceit and conspiracy.

I got to hand it to them, at one point I even looked at how high Autumn could reach thinking, maybe she really did scratch the top of the tv.

I better watch this group. I have a feeling ghost child committing bad deeds will be back....

1 comment:

Momma J said...

Oh boy, this reminds me of an incident with my kinds, must less damaging, but nevertheless, an important lesson. This was the case of the missing chocolate chips. I pretty well suspected one kid, but wanted the right kid to fess up. So, all four kids and I sat around the table waiting for a confession. I think it took a couple of hours with much sibling pressure on the suspected child to tell the truth so they could all leave. End of the story? 25 years later he remembers the lesson so well, he now tells friends about it, with a smile!