Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tired or Insane

My Disneyland pictures and posts are coming, but in the meantime I am questioning whether my child has gone insane or if he is just reached the edge of reason because he is exhausted.

Let me explain. He is watching Ice Age. I am at the computer. Suddenly Owen yells over, "Mommy, I want a baby like that." Me: "What baby?" "That baby, I love him". "Well, mommy will have a baby soon and you can have that one". "I don't want that one, I want this one on Ice Age cause I love him so much." Then the conversation turns nutty (as if it wasn't already).

O (as he starts shedding real tears): "Mommy, I really want a baby like that cause I love him so much and he is so cute."

J: "Owen, I really don't know where we can buy that baby."

O: "Then we will just steal him."

J: "I don't even know where to go."

O: "You go to the tv and to Ice Age and get him"

J: "I don't know where Ice Age is and I don't think he is available"

O (real tears and panic sounding voice): "Mom, you just look at the map and it shows you where to go and we need to go and just get him"

(We used a lot of maps in Disneyland and Sea World).

I thought we were done with the conversation, but alas, I just heard a desperate cry...

O: "Mom, I want him!! Mommy, look him up on the computer so we know where to buy him!!!!"

He is now sitting on my lap crying, tears down his cheeks. And now as quick as he appeared on my lap, he is back to the tv saying repeatedly as he cries, "Mommy, I want him. Mommy I want him. Mommy I want him".

My conclusion: A week of vacationing + coming back to a full day with a sick and tired mom + 2 days of no nap = slightly crazy child.

1 comment:

Heather Jones said...

Jen that is way too cute and funny I laughed pretty hard good luck finding the baby hehe!!