Monday, March 9, 2009

The Beach - Part IV

Here we are, already to Sunday. The day before we leave to come back. Sunday was the day set aside for the beach. We decided to take it easy in the morning. I asked Owen at one point if he wanted to go walk around and see some shops with his Grandpa, he said "No, I want to do nothing." Even at 3 you recognize when it is time to do nothing.

I am sure I started the day with a continental donut. (How could I not).

Owen ran around the hotel and played with his cousin Aubrie until it was time for lunch. At lunch time we remembered our favorite place: Sweet Tomatoes/Souplantation. My favorite soup and salad bar restaurant. As an aside: how I miss eating there! I wish they would open one a little closer to me at home. 3 hours is a little far to drive to eat there...... although, I would do it.

A delicious lunch behind us and it was off to Old Navy. My winter child needed something a little lighter to wear for the day. Everyone was wearing tank tops and sandals, I looked over at Owen wearing long pants, a long sleeved shirt, and his rain boots and thought it was best to buy a few lighter items before heading to the beach. Flip flops (that he says hurt too bad), new shirts and some shorts later, now he was ready for the beach!

It was the perfect day to play at the beach. We played in the water (as much as we dared, it was cold!), wrote our names in sand, threw sand at our friends (sorry Kati, he is still learning about sand apparently), put sand on mommy's shoes, filled our pockets with sand, ran in circles, buried our legs and made ourselves into a sand castle, poured sand onto our heads, and had a wonderful time!!!










No comments: