Monday, March 23, 2009

Nothing Specific

Random thought #1: I worked all day today. A long day starting with hearings at 8:30 and followed up by appointments all day, every half hour lasting until 6:30. Greg, being the nice husband that he is, anticipated that I would indeed have a lack of time to eat. He prepared me a nice dish of strawberries to take. Thank heavens for those!! I ate cereal before I left, a dish of strawberries around 11:00, a granola bar that I was so happy to find in the bottom of my bag around 1:00, and a few chocolates from the dish in the reception area. Now, to the point. Upon, returning home I was STARVING. So starving that the idea of fixing something to eat seemed far too overwhelming and time consuming so instead, for dinner, I ate 6 Cadbury Mini-Eggs and half a sleeve plus 2 of thin mint Girl Scout Cookies. Mmmm mmmm.

Random thought #2: My child is weird. Last night he was climbing and climbing and climbing on me. I usually don't mind. But the increasing belly size and sensitive chest area make it hard to stand. I asked in my nicest being a mom is hard voice that he PLEASE stop pushing on my stomach and climbing on me. He said ever so nicely, "It is ok mom, I will take care of you." Then he proceeds to pet my hair and my face and says so softly and sweet, "it is ok, mom, just calm down, just calm down, you just need to get used to it, just calm down and you just need to get used to it." Odd one that boy.

Random thought #3: Now I have had a total of 10, make that 11, Mini-Eggs for dinner.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Sounds about like my dinners (or lunches, snacks, every time of day). I cannot get enough chocolate or snacks! I'm starving (to the point you can hear my stomach growl) about an hour or 2 after a meal.