Friday, March 27, 2009

Painful Truth?

I am hoping that three-year olds don't really have all the answers and that they don't really know everything.

I was getting dressed the other day and said something to the effect of how nice it would be to have my stomach small again after the baby is born. Owen chimed in and said, and your butt. I asked with an edge of shock to my voice, "is my butt big?". "It is", I was so matter-of-factly informed. Oh dear, I thought the pregnancy was progressing ok. I was feeling ok but now I have a big butt.

I was in the kitchen later that day with Owen and Greg and mentioned to Greg that I didn't want a big a butt. Owen shrugged his shoulders and said, "but it is". Then, rather than letting his poor mom be, he pointed to his tummy, pointed to his butt, put his hands up and mouthed, "they are both big."

Well, there you have it, update on pregnancy: 3 months left, 96 days, big tummy, big butt.

No comments: