Thursday, April 9, 2009

Baby Chicks

The newest venture - 16 baby chicks. Not mine of course, they belong to my father's house, I just happen to live here. It is comforting to know that if things keeping getting worse with the economy, we will have eggs to eat.

Owen loves his chicks, he has 2. Owl and Kiki. (and yes, Kiki is what he calls my step-mom as well). He informed me they were his chicks and he would name them anything he wanted. He said he wanted a Kiki inside and a Kiki outside. Ok then.


He tells me that his chick, Kiki, is his favorite, he still likes Owl but Kiki is so beautiful. (I think they look exactly the same).

Luckily the coop is almost ready outside, as for now, they are living indoors and it is a tad smelly. In fact, Owen and Kristi went to the feed store the other day and upon walking in, Owen informed her that it smelled like our house. Yes, the chicks head out soon.
However, for now, I love to see my baby love his chicks.



1 comment:

Momma J said...

I can hardly wait for each new installment on your blog...your writing and pictures are so fun to read. I had baby chicks when I was Owen's age. On Easter morning I got ready to go to Sunday School and went out to the chicken coop to see my chicks. Someone had broken into the coop and stepped on all the baby chicks. I was devasted. My dad had us bury them, but when he left, I dug my chick up and put it in my new Easter purse and went to Church. All through Sunday School, my friend and I kept peeking in the purse expecting the chick to be "resurected" as we had been talking about. I was heartbroken to return home and confess to mom and dad that my chick went to church and was STILL dead. I couldn't understand why it didn't work. We re-buried the chick, threw away my now stinky purse, and probably had a talk with mom and dad about how resurrection really works....but I still need to talk to God about that one...I had such faith!