Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Good News is...


I was excited to sit and blog tonight before heading off to bed, then I read Emilee's and Angie's blog. Now, I am not excited to sit and blog about NOTHING. They both had a lovely post about camping and hiking, sleeping in tents, and enjoying the summer. The most exciting thing for me to blog about is the fact that I have strep throat. When I say exciting thing, I am being totally serious. I cannot even remember the last time I went to the doctor for a problem and had them say such wonderful words such as, "oh, yes, your strep test is positive". I almost started cheering. Infection = antibiotics = getting better fast. I had a horrible sore throat a few years ago, I was sure it was strep, I thought I was going to die. I went to the doctor 3 times over the course of 10 days, each time sure the previous doctor didn't swab my throat quite right. The point is 10 days to kick a virus, 2 days with antibiotics and I am almost cured. So that is the good news.

The bad news is that I am back to the fertility doctor this week. Another round of shots and I am sure we will talk about doing the insemination again. That scares me. I wasn't sure if I should go back or not. Part of me wants to believe if it is supposed to happen it will, while the other part of me worries that maybe it is supposed to happen, but for whatever reason, I need some help. I keep seeking advice out from everyone I know (advice and comments are always welcome). I was told this week from a family member of mine with one child to keep trying and do what it takes. This means a lot and made me feel like we were on the right track with going back to the doctor. So Friday it is.

Here are a few highlights of the last few weeks.

Owen and I went to Kayak Point Park and had a wonderful time. We walked in the water, threw rocks in, saw little baby crabs, watched boats come back from crabbing, touched a big crab that someone was throwing back, played on the playground, and sat on a log and ate a peanut butter sandwich. Owen wanted to leave because he said I forgot to bring him some Cheetos. He wanted to go get some and come right back and sit on the log. He fell asleep before we were even close to the store. Cheetos for sure next time.





We went to dinner with Mitsugu, Rosa, and Sasha and anyone who knows Gu will appreciate this... Owen was asking all of their names, Gu told Owen to call him Tiger. Later Gu and Owen were outside together playing in a sandbox, Gu asked Owen what his name was, Owen of course said Tiger. He told me for days he had fun with his new friends, Rosa, Sasha, and Tiger. It was great to see them and spend some time together. We ate yummy food at the Beach Cafe.

This isn't really a highlight, but a major part of the week.. I was watching tv around 1:00 am. I notice a slight movement on the wall behind the tv. I look over and the world's biggest spider is crawling down the wall. "AAAAAHHHHHH", I scream. "Greg, are you awake? Greg wake up, I need your help!". Imagine a snail moving along the sidewalk, well Greg was slower than that. "um, would you mind hurrying up a bit, the spider is crawling faster than you are moving and if he gets away, I will be devastated, but of course, thanks for waking up and helping me". (I figured I shouldn't be mean to the only one who is actually going to kill this spider for me). He attempts to hit him with a shoe, the demon runs away. Greg swears he sees him so we spray the area with bug spray. I am sure the monster is free and watching me now as I type, waiting for his moment.

Owen and I met up with Kristi, Robee, Felix and my dad at the Silvana fair. I cannot give this fair justice by explaining just how small it really was. You really had to be there. You could basically visit every booth, every animal enclosure, every food booth and sit down to rest all in about 30 minutes. Owen ate kettle corn, fries, a snow cone, a honey stick, licorice, and a bag of cheetos. He had fun.

I am still not convinced that he really has fun riding ponies at these events....

I do know however, that he LOVED sitting on the big Lawnmowers. In fact, he told me that lawnmowers are his BEST. (his way of saying his favorite)


Owen and Ben ended the week by mowing the lawn together.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen I loved the pictures of owen the were really cute. What song was he singing in the video? Good luck at the doctor on friday.

Nanci said...

I love how he somehow got your raspy voice. My best. He's very special.

What if the way the next one is supposed to come is by way of the help that you're getting? Maybe you are someone who is supposed to benefit from modern medicine? So it certainly will be the right time history-wise for your baby to be born. How great. You can give it a nice science-friendly name.