Friday, July 25, 2008

Is it Honesty?

I bought this new shirt at Target. It is a cute little black tank-top. A little different than other clothes I have, but I was quite happy with my purchase. Owen was watching Little Einsteins, I got dressed and sat at my computer. A few minutes passed and he turned around and looked at me and said with his nose all scrunched up, "mommy, why are you wearing that?". "Because it is my new shirt, do you like it?" "NO!". "You don't like it? Why not?" "Because it looks funny and you should wear a different shirt, I will go find you one".

The amazing part of the story comes now.. I am sitting here thinking, well, maybe he is right, maybe I should change my shirt. Hmmm, do I really look funny. Wait, he is 2, he has no idea what he is talking about....maybe I should just head over to the mirror for one last check, just to make sure. I should have left the tag on.

What absurdities lie within this story!! He is 2, almost 3, what does he know about what shirt looks cute on his mom, but yet, I am now and I am afraid I will remain, self-conscious in my so cute new shirt. I will now continue to ponder, throughout the day and I am sure at times in the days to come, if perhaps he does know what he is talking about and he is the only one brave enough to mention it.

2 comments:

Heather Jones said...

that is too funny my girls do that all the time with my hair or clothes ,etc. It either makes or brakes me depending on if it is a good comment or bad!!!

Cathy said...

Wow - I thought you said that you didn't have anything to blog about - that sounded like a really BIG week! I love the pictures and I really enjoy your stories! Owen is such a sweetheart! Hope you are feeling better and that the strep is being cured quickly! I know that you are facing some difficult decisions concerning all of the medical miracles surrounding fertility - you are such a great mom - it would be a shame not to share yourself with another lucky baby. Of course you know who is in charge - sometimes it is very difficult to trust. You know that I will be praying for you!
Love you tons and tons,
Aunt Cathy