Sunday, July 6, 2008

Busy Busy

There always seems to be so much going on, every day there are many "blog" moments. I have a million pictures to post and a million things to write about. Then, with each passing day that I do not write, the moments pile on each other and if I were to write about all of them, the post would be too long to hold anyone's attention (it may be anyway). I will try to pick and choose the highlights.

Working backwards...

Yesterday (Saturday):
Greg and I went out to dinner last night to Red Lobster. I can honestly say that we have only been to dinner without Owen a few times (if that) since he was born. We just don't do it. In any event, he went to Noni's house (he calls her Non). He has been looking forward to going over there for a week. I told him yesterday that he finally got to go to her house last night. He said, "it is Saturday night?". He has been waiting for Saturday night. He said goodbye without any problems while they made themselves a peanut butter sandwich. An appetizer before the pizza. Greg and I had a nice dinner and the salmon I ate was delicious! We stopped by Old Navy on our way back and we (or some may say I) couldn't resist buying the pink jelly flip flops. I love Jelly Shoes! Angie of course got a pair for her heroic efforts to watch wild child. We got back a mere 2 hours later and Angie, Steve, and their friend Beth looked exhausted. They read books about lawn mowers, they tried to add eyes and hats to the little balls she bought, (of which they said the glue sucked and no one can figure out why you would sell a kit that has absolutely no chance of working), they stamped, they played with his toys he packed in his Thomas backpack, they sang songs and threw the little balls with no hats or eyes at the window and laughed, they ate pizza and bread, they played hide-and-seek with a stuffed dog, they rolled up in a blanket like a burrito and then ate each other with a fork, they ate cheese at Owen's request to help his tummy stop hurting, and they pretended that Angie's 4 inch gnome was the Giant from his favorite Little Einstein episode. Angie did not disappoint!! Thank you for taking care of my little friend and loving him the way you do. The hats worked just fine for Owen

Friday, July 4th.
We had a nice day hanging out together. We headed to Everett with Angie in the afternoon, it was a nice cool day (sorry to those of you in the heat) with nice music, and a bit of food (not enough to keep Greg and Steve there very long). We headed back home and had a BBQ with everyone (now Greg and Steve were happy). We finished eating and headed over to the Duck Dash. They usually put the ducks in the river and the winner wins $5,000. We went to see the ducks float down to the end (it is quite a site) and claim our winnings. We are 0 for 2. The river was too high so they took the ducks, placed them in a field and blindfolded someone who went out and picked the winning ducks. No swimming ducks. Then someone else won. No winnings. Owen asked me on the way home if we went to the Duck Dash. I told him we did. He looked confused and said "No we Didn't." He was right, it isn't the same without 7,000 rubber ducks floating down the river. We came back and had a lovely firework show after a rough go at getting a fire going. We didn't have any firewood, but no worries, it is only 11:00 pm, we will just get out our trusty chainsaw and make our own firewood.


It wasn't enough, no worries still, it is still early, Ben can just chop up some wood for the fire.



The fire was going, now Ben could put on the show.


Ben had the fireworks all set up and ready to go.
We ate smores, although, Angie and I did not. Our 30 days of no sweets is still going strong (even after a small discussion to give us a holiday on a holiday).

The next day, Greg and Owen went out and loaded up the extra wood in Owen's lawn mower. Owen was so proud to realize that his lawn mower was functional.

Wednesday and Monday:

I went back to the doctor on Monday for updates on the fertility tests we had been having done. Things seemed fine. I had an ultrasound to check the size of the follicles. They weren't big enough so I had to come back on Wednesday (I am not even sure I know what they weren't big enough for). I brought Owen with me on Wednesday figuring it would only take 2 seconds (which it did). I wanted to take him so we could go play at a park and make my 45 minute drive be for more than 2 seconds. He had a toy to play with while I had the ultrasound (which is similar to a yearly exam - not on the outside). He barely noticed what was going on, the nurse distracted him and it was done in 2 seconds. He was very good. The doctor left and I said let's go. He said, "the doctor make your bum all better?". "Uh, get your toy and let's go find some lunch". Luckily that was the end of that. That was scary. I was informed by the doctor that the follicles were big enough for a "trigger shot" (to force ovulation). They gave me a shot that hurt for days. I have three booster shots to give myself over the next week. I wasn't even sure I wanted the shot, but it all happened so quickly. It may be time for a break from the doctor.



Tuesday:
Greg gave me this band to go with my ring, HOORAY!!

July 1st was our 5 year anniversary. We have been together 10 years!! It seems like just yesterday I went over to Greg's house to hang out with our mutual friend Clint. We were all friends in high school but Greg and I had an interesting relationship. We did have a lot of fun together, but I remember thinking at one time as I shook Greg's hand as he boarded a plane to Panama - we have nothing in common, I am sure I will never see him again. I had been talking to Clint over the summer and was about to move to Provo for law school. He had asked me to come and see him before I moved. I called over there and Greg answered. He was Clint's roommate. He told me that while Clint wasn't home, I could come over and wait with him. Kristi and I were in town together so she dropped me off. I went in and Greg and I started talking, we waited for Clint. We kept waiting and talking. Eventually it started getting late and Clint still wasn't home. Greg said he would take me back to Centerville. We drove home and talked. We sat outside my house in his car and talked some more. He came inside and there we were. This was weird and yet it wasn't all at the same time. It had been a long time since we sat there together. There was no denying that we were going to kiss. It was obvious, it always was. We did and we never looked back.

Greg, I love you more now than the day I married you. You are everything I could ever ask for or want. I will keep loving you forever. (even if you did cuddle with Steve at the baseball game..)

1 comment:

Heather Jones said...

Love the wedding band so pretty!!! I still laugh when I think back to you two in high school and the fact that you are now married it is great!! I hope all goes well with the pregnancy thing that is so frustrating!! Are you coming up any time soon we are going to try to get everyone together in July some time?