Thursday, May 1, 2008

No Secrets Around Here

I taught yoga tonight and on Thursdays Greg and Owen always play at the park outside my yoga class. After I got home I asked Owen if he had fun at the park with daddy. He told me that he had really fun with daddy at the park and went down the slide, then he said, "Owen can't tell mommy that Owen paint with daddy". Greg looked a little nervous. I was a little confused and asked him what he painted. He said, "Owen can't tell mommy that Owen paint eeky (little) tiny snake for mommy, nope can't tell mommy uh uh, nope." Ha ha ha. Greg, you have nothing to worry about, this did not ruin my mother's day surprise, it only made it better. Owen looked so confident and sure of himself that he was not going to tell mommy the things he is not allowed to tell me. I love honest small children.
Owen and Greg singing "take me out to the ballgame"

The other day after leaving music class Owen said he wanted to go to the mall to look at some toys. I told him that we needed to go home and get some things done. He started pleading with me asking me if we could please go to the mall. He used his favorite saying... "Pease mommy, Owen really want to go to mall, pease mommy, just think about it, that is all, like this.. uhhh, ok, I don't care, yes". He says this to me all the time. Just think about it, that is all. I finally caved in and explained that we would not be buying any toys. He said he wouldn't, he would just eat a cookie, play on the toys and have a drink. He has a thing about the mall, yesterday he said, "Owen really want to go to mall so bad, I can't stand it". Greg and I screamed with laughter.

He amuses me.

The other day at the office Owen lined up his toys on Angie's desk, we looked down and everyone had a pile of bunnies to eat. The two on the end are mine.

He didn't leave out Noni

Here is a little tree frog Ben found for Owen outside this weekend. Owen loved it!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love the one of him with the frog! He looks so excited to be holding it! I love him.