Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Start of Summer


We ended music class and school this week. Owen's music teacher took a picture of the class and gave it to the kids. Owen has spent countless amounts of time studying the picture. He informed me that he really likes a little girl in the class, Mattea. In fact, he pointed to her and let me know that he really loves her. Oh, my future holds so many long nights, I can see it now.

We had a nice time with Greg's mom this past week. She was able to come up for a visit. I am sure she misses her little sidekick following her around saying over and over again, "watch mamma Jayne, watch mamma Jayne, mamma Jayne look". He wanted to show her anything and everything. He showed her how he jumps, how he walks, how he plays with his toys, how he jumps on the bed, how he plays with daddy, how he holds the cat, how he drinks, how he eats. Absolutely EVERYTHING. She is a wonderful grandma to him and proved this when she rode with him on the lawnmower only hours after arriving at our house. She also watched Owen one night while Greg and I went to a meeting for Owen's preschool. I don't think I have seen her look quite so exhausted in such a short amount of time. ... Jayne, thanks so much for taking the time to come up and visit, Owen adores you and we miss you!! It was nice to have some time together and we are already looking forward to your next visit!

My dad was teasing Owen the other day and telling him he wasn't his grandpa, but that he was his Grandma Jayne. Owen calmly started to call him Grandpa Jayne.
I did not put Owen in these pants, they were Robee's (my little brother) and Kristi gave them to me (yes, Kristi, it is true). Owen picked out the pants himself.


We realized today that fair season is kicking off this weekend. My family loves fairs and festivals. We have the University Festival this weekend, Folk Life next weekend and the Pike Place Fair the weekend after. This is just the beginning. Hooray for fairs!! Angie and I are going to make a schedule and distribute it to everyone so we can be well prepared for the upcoming events!!

Hooray for summer!

1 comment:

Momma J said...

Jen, Owen and Greg: I love you all so much! What a wonderful visit I had and I can't think of any better way to get "worn out" than chasing after Owen - he is such a doll! I can hardly wait to see all of you again! Thanks for your hospitality and love. Grandma Jayne