Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mother's Day

Owen was so happy to give me my Mother's Day gift that he painted. I was so excited to see the painted snake. He came upstairs and told me Happy Mommie's Day!! He opened the bag and pulled out the snake. A perfectly painted, green snake. "Um, Greg, wow, I didn't know Owen was a professional painter at the age of 2". Greg says, "well, he painted it at first, but he only put on a few strokes and then he was done". Jen says, "that would have been ok". I love you dearly Greg. I love that you tried to give me a great Mother's Day present from Owen. I love that you painted me a snake for Mother's Day.



Owen added his own touch to my snake later that morning. He wouldn't stop carrying it around. I had just got out of the shower and he asked me where his snake was. I told him it was in the bathroom downstairs. He left. I ran downstairs after him to find him at the bottom of the stairs carrying it up to me in pieces. We glued it together. My dear perfectly painted snake is missing a small piece but now I love it even more!

2 comments:

Emilee said...

I LOVE the snake. I can just picture Greg painting it - ha ha. Love you and miss you.

lorioreo said...

Aren't mother's day gifts the best ever!! And I can relate to your mended snake...I seem to remember a rooster that I liked but loved even more when it got broken and lovingly, sneakily got glued together. Your snake makes me smile and remember.

Thanks Greg and Owen for making Jen's mother;s day great!

Love you all!
Grandma Lori/Mom