Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Chuckie

I was sleeping soundly last night, as soundly as you can with a small child lying on your chest. I was awakened suddenly by a small fist pounding my arm. I held onto his arms and tried to calm him down. He then opened his mouth wide and started to moving to my arm to bite me. In a panic, I sat up and asked Greg to help me.. actually it went like this, "Greg, wake up, I need your help, Owen is attacking me!". Owen started crying and said that he was awake and then started sobbing, all the while still sleeping. I hugged him tight and he finally settled down. I set him quietly back in the middle of our bed and watched him sleep, wondering and worrying that he would suddenly attack again, wondering and worrying that I was the star of the Return of Chuckie. Perhaps tonight I will let him sleep a little closer to Greg.

3 comments:

Emilee said...

I totally laughed out loud reading this!! ha ha I talked to Owie on the phone for a while tonight. He told me about Linda at Gregs work and throwing his juice out of the car. I laughed again. Miss you!

Heather Jones said...

Your boy is too cute he sounds like he is a total handful but soo fun!! We need to see you next time you come out!!i LOVE READING YOUR POST TO SEE WHAT IS UP.

Nanci said...

I laughed out loud too. Nothing funnier than your horror. Hahahaha!