Saturday, November 10, 2007

Grumpy Expensive World


I realized today that there is a big group of people out in the world that are just grumpy people. I am not placing any judgment on their lives, I know that things happen and lives are shaped from these circumstances but how different would things be if people would slow down and stop being so angry. I was at Walmart tonight and I was waiting behind someone who was waiting for a parking spot. I pulled up behind them and I was just sitting and waiting. I didn't mind waiting, it was a good parking spot for them and they were lucky to have it. I was with Felix, Robee and Owen and we were singing songs from our Kindermusik class. The car in the spot pulled out slowly and began to drive away. The car waiting for the spot didn't move. I just sat there waiting, then all of a sudden, out of the blue the driver turns around and flips me off. Not only did this woman flip me off, but continued to do so with such intensity, she was really mad at me. I have no idea what I did. I doubt her night was better after screaming at me with her hand. We shopped among the millions of people shopping at Walmart and I just kept thinking of this odd experience and felt sad for this angry woman.

While I shopped among the millions of people in Walmart I also thought how grateful I was for such a wonderful store as Walmart. I know people have issues with these big stores, but when you are on a budget, Walmart is the place to go. Cheese for example: Safeway 8.99 (that alone is absurd), Walmart 7.49; 3 Cheese Tortellini Noodles: Safeway 6.99, Walmart 4.99. Those differences add up. I will fight the crowds and join the masses to save!!

3 comments:

Emilee said...

The world is so grumpy and expensive. It is amazing that we all have to live in it :) I am glad we finally did the blogging. I am obsessed :)

Heather Jones said...

Must be walmart I am not a fan I like Target!! But, I did go to the new Walmart in centerville and I was waiting for a spot when the driver left before I could pull in some guy came the wrong way and pulled right into my spot I about died!!! This lady outside saw him also and made a face!!! It is crazy how rude people can be!!

Critter said...

I don't really have a comment except to say that the monkey made me laugh. Please post more pictures of monkeys.