Saturday, November 17, 2007

Bedtime

Oh the bedtime routine is out of control. I know that I should just put him in the bed like the Super Nanny teaches. Everyone says it only takes two or three times, but I just can't do it. It is clearly the better option.... so I bathed Owen at 7:30. We came down and got on the pajamas. He decided he wanted to watch Teletubbies with me so we sat down in our chair. Owen started laughing and told me that he forgot his owl and little monkey and blanket (wowl, eeky monkey, mimi). Back up to get his stuff. He went over to the bed and brought them all back. We watched Teletubbies until 8:30. He decided he was tired and wanted to read books. We went to the bed and read 4 books. I told him it was time to sleep. He started crying for his dad. Just then Greg walked in and Owen told him it wsa time for "night orange juice". He came back down and laid with me in the bed. Greg was on the computer working and Owen kept crying saying "O hi Daddy". I told him a million times that he has already said hi to his dad. He started crying telling me that he didn't give him a kiss. Greg came over and kissed Owen, gave him a big hug and kissed his head, he kissed Owl's head, eeky monkey's head, butt, tail, back, stomach, legs, arms, hands and butt again. I told Owen that daddy was done and was LEAVING. Greg went back to the computer. (We live in one big huge room in the basement, Owen sleeps in my bed - he doesn't want to go to his bed). Owen and I are laying in the bed and he starts creeping away, I literally mean creeping for he knows not to get up or the light goes off. He starts creeping away towards the end of the bed whispering "O hi daddy". I bring him back, he starts to cry. I make Greg leave. While we are lying in the bed we go from lying next to mommy to lying on mommy's tummy. I nursed Owen until about 2 months ago (I never thought that would happen) and I think that might have something to do with the tummy thing - who knows. Back and forth back and forth until my tummy was prohibited. It is now 9:30 and Owen is in the bed crying yelling MOMMY, MOMMY. I was at my wit's end. I gave him one last warning, told him that if he tried to place my hair on his face one more time I would leave and he could sleep by himself. He is not doing so well with that. He just stopped crying long enough to get out a sad, weak "please mommy, no computer, bed Owie".

I must be crazy, a few nights crying by himself cannot be worse than this!

No comments: