Saturday, November 3, 2007

Finishing the update

I am not sure why my previous post keeps showing broken links to the pictures. I hope it is some problem that I am seeing and you can see all the pictures. Hopefully they will all show up with this post. I wanted to post a few pictures of the karate party we went to with my dad and Kristi and the kids. We had a really fun time. My Dad dressed up as some crazy creepy guy, the mask was especially odd because it sort of had a smiling face. He said that when he put the mask on he felt like Jim Carrey in The Mask, he couldn't control himself and started dancing wildly. My dad never dances. Angie and I were laughing so hard. I would go into more detail but I will NEVER be able to do that dance justice.

Owen ran around and played. I think his music class has been really good for him, he is much more willing to run around without me. He played with the kids and danced and he helped himself to the food.

Greg, Ben and Angie's boyfriend Steve left early to go to a movie. Angie and I stayed through the end and then left to go hang out at Target. Owen was picking out all kinds of things, saying "O buy" and throwing it in the basket. I tried to show him some scary Halloween creature that moves with crazy eyes, he looked a little scared at first and then said "O buy" and threw it in the basket. At one point I was buying this crazy Halloween guy, 2 plastic pumpkins, a Thomas the Train pillow and a few small toys. We discussed putting everything away and buying a little Thomas the Train to play with. He settled for that and we put the rest back. He uses the word "eeky" for little. He said he wanted an "eeky nomas". Good thing I pay some attention when I go to the store, I would be buying a lot of stuff. Not a lot of attention as I paid for my stuff and walked away, got in the car and started to drive away when I realized that I didn't have my bag, I ran back in as they were closing, there was my stuff at customer service.

The rest of the week nothing too interesting was going on, Owen and T.J. wore their football helmets, it was a typical week. My poor tortured cat. I found myself much more of a cat person before having Owen. Now, I find at the end of my day, I don't h
ave a lot left for the poor cat.

After 10 years, I finally closed him out of my room at night. He was constantly moving and interrupting the few hours of sleep I was getting. I am afraid I am teaching Owen to dislike cats. As soon as T.J. sets foot in my room he screams "T, out mommy's room!!" He chases him away and closes him out. Greg has found himself having to correct himself a time or two when he says, he is going to go kick T.J. out of the room. Owen runs over and kicks the cat. My poor poor cat!

My new yoga session started this week. We lost 5 people from the previous session (9 came back) and we got three new people. It seems like we will have a really fun class. Angie and I are both starting to feel a little more comfortable with the poses and teaching. We are still having so much fun doing it and I love teaching with Angie. We are trying to set up a kid class and a yoga for weight loss class after the new year. We will keep this class as it seems to be going well. We are hoping to keep expanding and teaching more and more. We have a client who is a manager at LA Fitness. He talked to my dad yesterday and my dad put in a pitch for us to start teaching there. He is supposed to talk to someone and let us know. Hooray for teaching yoga!

Owen loves to hang out with Ben. He calls him "Me" or "Uncy Me". Greg called the office yesterday and my dad answered. Greg said "hey it is me, is Ben there". Knowing who it was, my dad said "who is this", Greg said, "it is Greg". My dad told him that he was very confused and next time he needs to call and say "this is Greg is Me there". My dad said as far as he knew Ben was calling for himself. The chaos we live with!

1 comment:

Heather Jones said...

Sounds like you had a fun Halloween!!I love the helmet on the cat!! My kids always put stuff in the cart, Half the time I don't notice and buy it!! Or they open the candy and gum so I have to get it!! They are so sneaky!!