Friday, August 10, 2012

I always have what I need & forgotten 7 year old Stats

Ok. I admit it, I notoriously have a messy car. I clean it and within days it goes back to the way it was before. It is one of those cars that when you have a passenger ride with you, it is necessary to move all the stuff on the seat to clear a space.

I know you wish you were that passenger about now.

I cleaned the car today and in a way it is sad, cause you see, I have learned that with a messy car you always have what you need.

Some examples:

The kids and I found a farmer's market today and decided to stop by. I was wishing I had brought the sunblock. I decided to check the floor just in case and lo and behold: sunblock!

I was eating a nectarine the other day and it started to drip. Luckily, I found a towel on the floor. Mess avoided. ( can you really avoid a mess by using the mess? Hmmm)

We left in a rush the other day and I grabbed a piece of toast for Ivy. She was still hungry. Luckily, when I went to get her out I found our favorite snack.. Cereal in a bag. Problem solved .

Owen forgot his shoes the other day but never fear! The extra pair in the car worked fine.

Ivy wanted to wear a headband one day but couldn't find it. Yep, you guessed it, by the time we went into our destination: headband was on her head.

I sort of envision the car like a giant mobile purse, one with clothes, snacks, items to protect against the elements, important papers, earrings, water bottles, and toys.

When I leave tonight it will be like leaving without my purse.

At least that only lasts a day or two.

************************POST EDIT*****************************
And yet, another forgotten post about the numbers, which I may not care about when I am old and gray, but then again, I may.  So in case I do care:
Owen at 7:
4 feet  1 3/4 tall - 80%
55 pounds - 69%

The dr. says Owen will be 6' 1".  I hope she is right!
****************************************************************

2 comments:

Bits & Pieces said...

Amen to that! Justin is constantly reminding me that the car is not a closet, pantry or garbage. Even worse, he cleans it and next thing I know, there are no more diapers in my purse and the back-ups that I know are in the car have disappeared...along with everything else. Grrrr.

Momma J said...

Once again, you remind just how funny it to be a mom! Love you guys so much!