Sunday, July 29, 2012

Well at least he does that

I bother Greg on at least a daily basis about all the things that don't get done around the house (and rest assured I am now about to name some of those).

For example the front door lock needs repair, the skylights need cleaning, the sprinklers need to be fixed, and we really need to pull some weeds.

One good thing, we have a bunch of logs in the garage from a tree we cut down and they have been on the floor waiting to be shelved. Well, they are on the shelf. Cause Kristi put them there.

All of that being said, there is one thing that Greg does that almost allows me to forgive him for the rest ( I said almost and it will never be completely).

Greg takes Owen crabbing.

I hate crabbing, I hate boats, I hate the water, I hate killing crabs, and I hate eating crabs BUT I love the two of them to go together.

They went out today with some friends on a big boat. Owen asked the friends a million questions and constantly asked Greg to check the pots. They caught a giant sun star (sun star being a sea star (formerly known as a starfish) with more than five points and thank you Felix for that wealth of information). Owen talked about this creature for hours. I was told he just couldn't get his mind off it.

They brought home two crabs and Owen only wanted to ride with his dad, with the crabs.

I have too many weeds in my yard and I can't unlock the front door but I adore Greg for taking him.

(and no I still will not let you get a boat).

1 comment:

Kathi and Bob said...

Yeah for fun father/son time and Mom not having to do some of the "guy" stuff!