Thursday, July 19, 2012

Saddest thing all day

It was a long day. A lost tooth, a quick trip to the farmer's market, boot camp, attending to the neighbor's pets, a drive to Greg's work, a few client phone calls, and of course the day-to-day stuff. I was ready for the day to end. I sat down to do one work deadline when I stumbled upon another work deadline I didn't know about.

After a small fight with my dad and a little panic, I filed the documents at 11:58. The small ones in the house tried to fight sleep, but one by one they were out. With a quiet house, I crept up to bed and found my sleeping children and an unplayed nightly UNO game all set up by Owen and ready to go.

Oh my heart!

I am going to bed and as I do, I quietly remind myself that some days just work out better than others and then I throw in that saying about tomorrow being a new day to lessen my guilt.

I am sorry little loves, tomorrow can be a three game night!

(and ps, tooth fairy, if you happened to stop by while I was working, I sure hope you left enough money for one very excited boy, and I know you probably did not leave $6.00 like he wanted, so hopefully tomorrow doesn't start out like today ended)


1 comment:

Momma J said...

oh, I know how your heart feels, but be comforted that you are an exceptionally wonderful mom and your sweet ones will remember only the good days! I love you all