Sunday, March 27, 2011

Those Darn Birds

I have never been interested in playing Angry Birds.  I keep hearing about it but it hasn’t really been something I cared about.  After all, I haven’t really been interested in playing video games for awhile.  BUT! Owen has been playing Angry Birds and he made me play.  I didn’t want to, but I did it for him.  (I swear).  And now, an entire iPod’s battery worth, I forced myself to put it down.  I need to do other things!! 

Like laundry.  My family gets dressed out of laundry baskets that I don’t put away.  Owen ran around the house the other day dancing and singing a song that went a little like this.   “I do not have any undies, I cannot find my undies, Mom have you seen my undies, la la la la la.”  It was awesome.  He was probably right.  How can you have undies when the undone pile looks like this. 

IMG_8248

Or perhaps I could shower and get dressed for the day…nah.  No one is affected by the lack of a shower on a cloudy Sunday.

I could pick up the house.  Our house cleaner just came on Wednesday, and I am afraid you would never know, well other than the fact that you no longer stick to the floor where there used to be grape juice which Owen was pouring for him and Ivy and subsequently spilled and cleaned up to the best of his ability.  Other than that minor detail, the house needs a lot of attention. 

I could feed my kids.  They are eating leftover pizza from last night.  They got it themselves.  I wouldn’t mind feeding them, but I opened the fridge this morning and it was too much, I couldn’t hold it back and started throwing up.  I smell their bread, same thing happens.  Yesterday they ate frozen chicken they warmed up themselves and then came upstairs smelling like ketchup: threw up.  This morning they went downstairs to eat pizza (yes twice in one day) while Greg and I laid in the bed.  We chatted while I played Angry Birds.  Eventually Owen came upstairs and said, “can one of you please take care of Ivy, she is eating too slow and I have to poop".  Now if that doesn’t make you feel guilty, I don’t know what does. 

Here he is buttoning up her coat as they load up to go to Costco.

IMG_8250

I could really do a lot of things, but this pregnancy, the fact that I am still so sick, and the trip I forced myself to take to the zoo on Friday have taken every last bit of energy I can muster up.  So, I will continue to take advantage of how wonderful Greg is and I will rest and play Angry Birds endlessly during my two days of the week that I can pretend I have no responsibilities while he is here.  And when tomorrow comes I will resume my duties again.  Of course it will be at a minimum and I will hope and pray that as I move into week 14, that I throw up and play Angry Birds a little less,  and that I do things around the house and take care of my kids a little more. 

7 comments:

Patti :) said...

Do you have the new Rio version? Way fun, even has Monkeys.

Jen said...

Monkeys!! I can hardly wait to play that one.

Hansen Family Blog said...

I am so glad that I am not the only one that has laundry baskets instead of putting clothes in drawers of hanging them up. I tell my kids that if they want thier clothes "out away" they have to do it themselves. I just hate laundry. I don't have the excuse of being pregnant and sick anymore (thank goodness!)

Heather Jones said...

oh jen i am sooo sorry for you. I really hope you feel better soon. I have not gotten into angry birds but, there is a fun game called words with friends. Todd and I play for hours and days. It is like scrabble and so fun and addicting if you want to add another one to your lazy days. Feel better soon!

Momma J said...

I vote you leave all the guilt behind. Your kids will only remember how exciting it is to have a new brother or sister. This time is only a little blip in a long life of sweet memories and experiences. You have a great family and I'm as excited as Owen was last night to have a "new baby" coming!

Lori said...

Have you asked your doctor for some Zofran? That stuff is amazing (and safe to take in pregnancy). That's what they gave me for the nausea during chemo too. I'm sorry you are so sick. It will be worth it in the end but SO not fun now! Ask your OB for something!!!

Chatty Natty said...

Jen,

I just saw your comment on Mandy's blog and had to come over! Your kids are adorable!!! As for angry birds...I laughed out loud...I played it once (my first and only time) for 3 hrs straight at my in laws one Sunday afternoon. Just don't get bubble bust - I swear that game is worse!

I'm in my 34th week of pregnancy and I'm trying hard to stay positive and enjoy the moment before it's gone. It's pretty hard when something that has taken over your body has a mind of it's own. Good Luck!

Natalie