Friday, March 11, 2011

Oh how I adore him…

IMG_8091

I don’t know what I would do without him. We have our moments of contention.  Those times when he he reminds me that he is 5.  He tests the limits, he bothers Ivy, he yells at his dad all the time, he has his own ideas but oh he is sweet. 

I was sick last night and he was worried and told me to try to eat something.  He suggested a quesadilla and informed me he would make it.  I REALLY didn’t want to eat anything, but I told him I would have one.  He got out the tortillas, the cheese, the cheese grater and a plate.  He ran upstairs to ask Greg to help him grate the cheese.  I laid on the couch like a lump and he said his dad was coming to help.  And then I heard some rustling around, I heard the microwave open and turn on.  He yelled down to ask me if I wanted some ranch with it.  I heard the pizza cutter rolling across a plate.  He said he figured it out and it was done.  He brought me down a perfectly cooked and cut quesadilla, one that he made ALL by himself.  I gobbled it up – how could I not?  He pet my head and told me that I won’t be sick much longer. 

I adore that kid.

2 comments:

Kathi and Bob said...

Definitely a KEEPER!

Jen A. said...

congrats on the pregnancy! Not so excited for you about the sickness that comes along with it! I don't know, you may have me convinced to stay at 3 kiddos, I too do NOT enjoy pregnancy...same for me, the first 20 weeks are the worse! Hang in there, those little ones we adore are definitely worth it!!