Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It just got worse

I woke up today and threw up.  I took my Zofran, which by the way, now seems to be lessening in its effectiveness, it used to carry me a day or two, but now, it is as though I didn’t take it.  As I was waiting by the sink to continue throwing up, I noticed something outside on the ground out of the corner of my eye.  My contacts weren’t in and granted I can’t see my own face in the mirror without them,  but I saw movement, movement I didn’t want to see.  I moved slowly to the back kitchen door and through my fuzzy vision, I saw the undeniable outline of a big black RAT.  A rat, are you kidding me.  Not even a mouse, but a gigantic rat.  I yelled for Greg to come and look at the darn thing on the small chance that my contact-less eyes were making things up and what I thought was a rat was actually a small kitten or a large bird.  No luck – a confirmed RAT.  As the beast scurried around the fallen birdseed we sat inside and shivered up our spines wishing that had not happened.

Orkin is on their way.  $130.00 initial service fee and then a year-long contract.  They will treat today with rat traps, bait, etc.  They clean the traps and will take care of the rats for me.  They also do a full inspection of the house and a consult about any fixings that need to be done to help secure the house from pests, and not just the furry ones either, all the others that I hate. 

The wonderful people should arrive within the hour and oh how happy I will be to turn the rat over to them for $130.00.  I so would have paid more, but don’t tell them that!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ohhh gross. That's awful. Kacin said something about Owen and a rat, but I didn't understand. I am a little glad that it wasn't that Owen has a pet rat! Good luck. Thank goodness for orkin!

Momma J said...

All I can say is it's a good thing David wasn't there - he'd try to shoot it! Rats are usually around a water source - in Washington, that's about everywhere! We had one once that was large enough to carry off a small child :)