Friday, April 16, 2010

My favorite day.

It is here again, that day I love.  Friday.  And this particular Friday, well, I love it even more.

Old Navy was having a sale that started today – 20% off.  Wait… let me back up.  I went to Old Navy on Wednesday to buy Owen some new clothes.   Hold on… I need to go back even further.  Getting Owen dressed everyday is a challenge.  We are frequently late for school as a result of his clothing “not feeling right”.  He needs new pants, I do agree.  The 5Ts are not cutting it.  They are making a crazy child even more nuts and on top of the pants that are a tad too small, most of his shirts have buttons.  He refuses to wear a shirt with buttons.  Basically, he needs all new clothes. 

And now back to Wednesday.

Wednesday we headed to Old Navy to buy the needed clothes.  I had a heap of clothes on the stroller when the lady (or shall I say the saint) working in the dressing room muttered under her breath, “what are you doing buying all these clothes today, don’t you remember that Friday starts our 20% off sale, and the first 50 people in get 50% off of everything?”.  That is right!! I mentioned that to Angie way back when but of course that paper sits in a pile of papers on my desk and the sale date is stored somewhere in the back of my head.  So, we put back all the carefully selected clothes, say an internal prayer that Owen will get dressed for 2 more days and leave.

Move forward to Friday.  I really wanted to be one of the first 50.  I know people are crazy for a deal so rather than going at 7:00 am to hang outside the mall for 3 hours, I opted to leisurely start our day and convinced myself that my time is worth more than 50% off.   As the clock ticked all morning closer to 10:00 I was really wishing I was one of 50.  As Angie left for work I called and begged and pleaded with her to stop by the mall on her way to the office.  I would meet her.  We were getting ready but it takes us time and be sure Owen was staying in his pajamas, keep in mind we were on a tight time schedule and I could not afford the not feel right fight.  Angie arrived, counted the people and discovered at 9:30 that she was approximately 40!  We did it.  I was one of 50.  One of 50 holding a wrist band that entitled me to 50% off everything!

Emilee called in her order, Angie ran in before work to pick out a few things for Evan, and I shopped to my heart’s content, all the while smiling as I glanced down at my 1 of 50 wrist band. 

I paid: $341.20  Total SAVINGS: $421.47!!!  and even better, the new clothes feel right.

Today is a good day.

1 comment:

Geoffrey said...

What a lovely Friday! I agree, Fridays are very nice days. But last Friday seems like it must have been a wonderful day for you and for Owen! Yea!!!