Friday, April 9, 2010

9 Months

She is 9 months.  Really? I have had 9 months with this little baby.  9 wonderful months.  9 months to wonder how we lived without her.

She is still little: 26 1/2 inches tall – 17%; 16 lbs 6 oz – 11%; 44 cm for head – 51%. 

The dr. said she has gone down a little on the growth – nothing to worry about but that I should try to find more fattening foods for her.  She asked if she eats hot dogs.  HOT DOGS? Um, no.  She said I can find nitrate free bacon and sausage and that might be good too.  Um, really no.  That is some advice I will not be taking.  I have nothing against hot dogs, bacon or sausage, but it is not for me. 

I am still perplexed about the whole visit.  She is just a little kid.  She can stand, take steps, wave (loves to wave), open cupboards, climb in cupboards, close her mouth really tight with a smirk when she is eating something she shouldn’t be, dance, and climb up and down stairs all by herself.  She is always moving.  ALWAYS.  Plus, it isn’t like she comes from big genes. 

We will continue to eat black beans, avocados, hummus on tortillas, peas, pears, lentil soup, sweet potato fries, bananas, and potatoes cooked in olive oil to name a few. 

Her egg free, dairy free, hot dog free, bacon free, sausage free diet is working just perfectly for me.  And it doesn’t look like she is unhappy about this.  IMG_3135 - 3

IMG_3146 - 1

1 comment:

Geoffrey said...

She is looking so big! And I agree, she seems to be developing very well without hot dogs or other meats with so many artificial additions! I applaud your decision not to take such advice. But then, I think you usually know what to do with your children. You are very intuitive and wise. Just keep up the great work!