Friday, April 30, 2010

Is it a bad day?

Yesterday was a day in which I can say I had better.  It was one of those days.  It started off ok.  I woke up.  Then it turned bad. 

I am not sure when I would classify it as a definite bad day. 

It could have been when I watched Evan for a measly hour in the morning and he cried the whole time (tears of fear – fear of Ivy).  I seriously felt like such a loser.  I can’t even watch my sister’s baby without invoking terrified cries the entire time. 

It could have been when Owen came upstairs and informed me that Ivy spilled the glass of water he gave her with her breakfast (yes, they were watching themselves while I was drying my hair and trying to soothe Evan with white noise instead of Ivy noise). 

Or perhaps when I arrived at work 30 minutes late with a less than happy client waiting.

Or maybe even when I typed in my client’s name to have her sign her documents and nothing came up.  Nothing was ready, Ben forgot. 

It could have been that Ben was out for the day with a terrible cold and that meant no lunch, more clients and more papers that were not ready to be signed.

It could have been the time when I was starving, meeting with a client with two more waiting in the waiting room, while my assistant was meeting with another and the phones were ringing off the hook and then my children arrived to be dropped off. 

Or maybe perhaps the phone call from Greg that said Owen couldn’t play anymore because he was running around outside naked with his friends and wouldn’t tell him why. 

Or perhaps when Owen told me he covered my favorite lavender bush with a million rocks (i discovered today that he was not kidding).

It could have also been when I arrived home to be informed that Owen and his friends thought it would be funny to take off their clothes and touch each other’s bums. 

Or, when I had to go tell the friends’ mom about the “incident”.

Or maybe when I was telling the friends’ mom about the incident and she told me my cat was pooping on their driveway and they had been cleaning it up.  She wanted to let me know because they were leaving for 10 days and it might be kind of smelly while they are gone. 

I am not sure it was any one event, maybe a series of events, maybe too many events in one day.

And it ended on my bed snuggled between Owen and Ivy as they drifted off to sleep.  I was then reminded that despite everything, not all was bad today.   

1 comment:

Geoffrey said...

It sounds like it as a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! Even in Australia!