Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Night

I love Friday nights. 

I always have always loved them, but I especially love them tonight.

I am trying to get some work done and in the meantime... Ivy is walking all over the kitchen pushing her car while growling.  Greg just got done making himself some dinner, a dinner he professed would be added to his recipe list for himself.  I ate sweet potato fries and mentioned that I wanted a little something else.  Owen suggested that I may want an Oreo.  I thought maybe an avocado sandwich.  I settled for both.  Owen firmly told Greg, "Ok, you make the sandwich, I will get the Oreos."

And now, as I eat my oreos and delicious sandwich, with my music playing in the background, I keep loving this Friday night...

The highchair passing by as it is pushed around the kitchen.  The little boy thoroughly enjoying his Oreos and milk at the counter.  The Greg playing with Ivy and Owen in between Oreo bites and a good push of the highchair and the neighbor who just knocked on the door to deliver Easter cupcakes. 

Ah, Friday night, it is so good to have you here.

1 comment:

BYU Hottie said...

I love Oreos! But I don't share your love for Friday nights. For some reason, I just don't.... weird. But I'm SO glad you like them. I hope they continue to be happy-memory-filled. :)