Monday, March 22, 2010

The Night

Picture 044 - 1

It is that time.  That time when small children calm down and go to sleep.  Actually, it is 9:15, I think it is past that time.  Not mine.  They are not asleep.  Owen is reading with Greg, which means in a few minutes Greg will come down and say, "He wants you".  Then I will say, "ok, I am going".  For now, I am sitting on the couch with Ivy.  She is dancing, growling, talking, spitting, sitting, standing, typing, oh and crying now cause she is stuck and can't stand up.  And in a minute I will be upstairs with Owen and Ivy on the bed. She will be crawling all over me, pulling my hair, grabbing owl's head.  Owen will be trying to get his feet under my body and will start rubbing my head.  I will be begging them both to fall asleep and they will not listen. 

This is how the bedtime routine goes at our house.  The joys of the night.

1 comment:

Momma J said...

Thirty years from now you will look back on those nights as the most magical time! Don't you think that parenting is the most unique job of all time? I love this picture of Ivy!