Sunday, March 28, 2010

By the Skin of my Teeth

Angie and I decided to go to the mall yesterday, it was time for a free gift at Clinique and I needed to pick up a few things for Easter. A trip to the mall is never complete without a visit to our new favorite accessory shop – Fuego.  It is there you can find hats, earrings, and our latest love: feathers for our hair.  While browsing for the perfect hair feather/flower  for myself, I hear a little bird in the background saying.. “ I love this headband, I want this headband.  Mom, can I have this headband.  If I get this headband I will look exactly like my friends next door.  Mom, I need this headband.  Can I have it? I love it….”.  

We were in the store for a while, for some it may have felt like forever.  Baby Evan was done in the stroller.  Angie had to hold him while she tried on hair feathers.  Ivy was in the stroller, perfectly content.  I parked her next to a rack of endless headbands.  She spent this rather long forever time taking them all off the rack and either throwing them on the floor or storing them in the stroller with her (all the while the store clerks were watching with terror and fear).  And Owen, dear little Owen was running around with a beautiful orange headband on using all the tricks up his sleeve to figure out how to get it.  0327001654(2)

We even got as far as to the checkout stand.  I am being asked by the sales girl if we wanted the headband. I am internally answering with “please bless I do not buy that headband today.”

In a moment of desperation Angie blurted out that he could have a little Piglet from the Disney Store if he didn’t get the headband.  I agree, it was the only answer, our only hope to leave the orange headband in the store. (let me rephrase: our only hope to peacefully leave the orange headband in the store).

The headband went back, we bought Piglet (and a dog, not sure how that happened exactly), and he got a win/win situation as we arrived at home and he realized that I bought a different headband for myself and he could wear that one. 

IMG_3023

IMG_3028 1JPG

3 comments:

Momma J said...

My office mate is making and selling the most beautiful headbands with flowers and/or feathers/jewels. She could actually start her own business - everyone wants to buy them. She sells them at the gift shop here at Huntsman, as well as just to friends/neighbors. I would never dare pick one out for you, but next time you come, you should see them. She makes tons for little girls - to match outfits and special occasions. Nordstrom sells their own for 30.00 - I think Jen's are 15, less for some and her's are so much nicer. The feather ones sell so fast.

Angie said...

He was so funny!

I have more pictures of the dreaded headband that I am sending you now.

BYU Hottie said...

I must admit, I prefer the headband you bought to the one he picked out in the store....