Monday, March 15, 2010

8 Months, 103, and Apples

Little baby is so sweet.  She turned 8 1/2 months today.  She stood yesterday by herself.  Granted it was only for about 5 seconds, but it was cute!  She is walking around on furniture all day and has even been brave enough to let go with both hands to grab onto something else.  She loves climbing up the stairs and has even learned how to go down.  (don't get me wrong, she still struggles..she fell down the stairs today).  She randomly waved at a man at Costco last week.  She waves now all the time.  She can't get enough peas, black beans and avocados.  She has two more teeth, two fangs.  The top two teeth came in, not the middle teeth but the two teeth on the outside of the front teeth!! Little vampire fangs. 

We are still holding off on dairy and actually it appears that she is also allergic to eggs.  I stopped eating eggs when I stopped eating dairy.  At first it was because I just felt it.  Then I didn't want to eat them after reading The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone. However, it wasn't too long before I was feeling a little under the weather after eliminating almost my entire diet and opted to add protein back, with farm fresh eggs from one of the many chickens living at my dad's house.  Happy chickens.  I ate eggs for two weeks.  For the same two weeks, almost every night, the old symptoms were back.  Every night, crying, wiggling, sad.  Clingy baby all day.   I started thinking I was insane and I could add dairy back.  We had an appointment to check for an ear infection and before the appointment I suddenly realized this: two weeks of horribleness = two weeks of eating eggs.  Which led me to realize this; no more eggs. Sigh. 

No more eggs, happy sleepy vampire baby is back.

Owen has been very sick.  Not sure what he had other than a fever at 103 for the last 3 days.  He was so hot.  My poor little guy.  He cried a little, but was mostly brave.  He seems better today, actually, it appears the sickness left behind a little devil.  He bit Ivy's fingers today for no reason and later I told him to put his shoes on and he said "I am mom, duh!"  Duh?? That starts already?? Sigh again.

He had his first t-ball meeting today.  His dad, the coach, led a great meeting and Owen took off playing with the kids.  I can't wait!!!!!

Love vampires and devils!

And finally, I ate a delicious apple today from Pike Place.  It was yellow.  It said Opal on the label.  I looked it up earlier and found nothing.  I looked it up now and found out that an Opal is a cross between a Golden Delicious and a Topaz.  It is a new apple!  How thrilling!!  I will be heading back to Seattle to get me a few more of those.  If you have an opportunity to do so, try it out.

And now I love vampires, devils and Opals!

No comments: