Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday Ramblings




Whenever Greg is home alone with Felix and Robee and Owen he makes them run laps (up and down the stairs), and do push-ups and sit-ups. Felix just came downstairs and said Robee, have you done your laps, push-ups and sit-ups today? He replied that he had not. She said, um, Greg needs you to. The conversation was very serious. Robee then asked Felix if she had done hers. She said that she lifted weights with Greg and Ben and that Greg let her know that would count. Robee got up and went upstairs as though he really had to go do them. I envision a very scary childhood for Owen and can hear it now, the home workout in preparation for baseball, football, and basketball. Good thing Owen has me.

This weekend Owen got a haircut. He is really good and each time we go, they always say he is better than any kids they see and even some adults. He just sits perfectly still and smiles at me. I love when he gets a haircut but it reminds me that he is getting old.After the haircut on Friday we went and ate at Boston's Pizza with Ben. They had just opened and we have been dying for a new restaurant as Red Robin in the only thing close. We were feeling adventurous and one may imagine, extremely hungry, and so we ordered the triple play appetizer consisting of garlic bread, Parmesan bread, potato skins, cheese quesadillas, "screaming hot" buffalo wings and cheese sticks. It was delicious. That was just the beginning, then we ordered dinner. Thank heavens the brownie dessert had nuts in it - we couldn't have said no otherwise.

Greg is playing on a flag football league with Angie's soon to be husband (she hates the word fiance, but I suspect she will hate that more). I have a theory that Greg has joined forces with Steve in order to position himself better when it comes to my acceptance of his leaving and constant play time. He has invited Steve to play baseball with him, in fact, Greg's teammates are revolting and moving away from the bad team they are. A select few are moving up to an intermediate league. Greg was invited to go. I asked him what he was going to do and he told me that he would much rather play with Steve than move up. I have known Greg now for 15 years and he will never convince me that this is true. He will try, he will read this and insist that it is true, he will swear that his friend Steve is the most important part of this. It won't matter. I don't believe it. Deep down Greg believes, and is probably right, that if Steve too is always gone, I will have Angie to discuss it with and we will both be going through the same thing which will help his cause. Greg just pretends to be sweet and innocent.
Greg was practicing yesterday for the football game (they were running through some plays, apparently it is a very serious league). Owen and I went to the mall and to go eat a sandwich. I found him a shirt and he says what he says everyday when I get him dressed..CUTE! He wanted a cheese sandwich after we shopped. Here he is eating and poking the sandwich.

Ok, it is official, Greg does not think highly of my intelligence. He teaches Owen Spanish all the time and we were just asking Owen how daddy says different words (like monkey, lion, elephant and tiger) and Owen responds to every question with "mas", Greg says "no" and then Owen tells him the right word. I just asked Greg if he had taught Owen the word "si". I told him he kept saying si to Angie the other day. In a very over confident manner, Greg said that he had taught Owen that word and then said "it means yes". I do not know much Spanish, but I think almost everyone knows that "si" means "yes". Greg started laughing and said he had no idea why he told me that. I don't know either!

Greg starts his new job tomorrow. I am more stressed about it than Greg!! I just hate the unknown and as soon as I know that Greg likes it, when his paydays are, and how much each check will be I will relax (until I find something else to freak out about).

No comments: