Thursday, January 17, 2008

I must admit...

Ok, I will admit it, I am addicted to Days of Our Lives. I have been withholding this information in my blog entries for fear of what this may do to my reputation, but after watching today's episode just now, I can't stand to hold it in anymore. I LOVE IT! I watch other shows first just so that it won't be over and I can still see it on my DVR as an option. I honestly have no idea how this happened, I haven't watched this show for 15 years and suddenly I am hooked.

Sorry to Greg who wanted to hang out with me and watch something tonight, I told him no, I wanted to watch Days and I couldn't bear to watch it with him. Not the same. Besides, I can't take any chances, he may watch it and be addicted, after all, it is so good. I was just protecting him from what may happen.

Well, now we have that out of the way, I feel much better.

Owen talks in his sleep all the time, he says no to people and says hi, he says things that happened in the day, and he yells at people (usually saying NO PAPA - my dad teases him all the time) but last night was my favorite. He sleeps in our bed so I hear everything. Last night he started saying "mommy, o not wear clothes". He kept saying this over and over. He will often say things until I talk back. He was totally asleep but I said, "You are okay, you are wearing clothes", he said no and started crying. He sat up on his knees and leaned over and started pushing me. I asked him why he was pushing mommy. He told me that I needed to get him some clothes. Poor little thing was so distraught thinking that he wasn't wearing any clothes and using all his might to push me out of the bed. I told him he had clothes on and hugged him really tight. He seemed to accept the fact that his pajamas were on and all was well.

Whenever my dad asks Owen who taught him to do something he says Ben. Owen informed my dad that Ben taught him how to eat with a spoon.

Owen keeps calling me Jennifer, he says "jenna". I get this mostly at night when I am trying to get him to go to sleep and I am lying with him very still. He will say Mommy, mommy..and when I don't answer, he repeats, Jenna, Jenna, Jenna. He finds himself so amusing. Of course he still calls me Monia and Mom-eye as well. He calls Greg "geg" more than Greg would like.

Speaking of Greg, he got a new job. He wasn't really looking for a new job, well, he did go online and searched "available jobs in the Seattle area". Just kidding, it didn't work exactly like that. He didn't get as big of a raise as we would have liked, and without much thought, was just looking around on the Internet for the comparable salaries for his position. He found a job posting for another bank and applied. They called him back but when he explained how much he would have to make in order to leave his current job they said it wasn't a good fit. That was that and we were fine with what we had. Then, about a week later they called Greg and said they had a position open up for an underwriter and thought Greg would fit well. He interviewed, interviewed again, met with the staff members to see if they would get along, had to tell his boss that they would be calling to check references, negotiated the salary and finally took the position. He starts on January 28. The best part is that he currently drives 45 miles to work and the new job is 20 miles away and just down the street from my office. Better pay and we save a lot on gas each month. I am of course freaking out. I will be happy when he gets there. People's Bank has been good for him and we will always be grateful for the job, Cascade Bank will hopefully offer new opportunities for him that will make him happy (and get rid of our credit card debt).

I have some great pictures of O, but they are on Angie's camera. I will get them posted as soon as I get them from her. I am off to bed with a smile knowing that tomorrow is Friday and there is still one more episode of Days of Our Lives before the weekend.

6 comments:

Critter said...

Ok fine, I will actually admit that I used to watch it back in college. However, they then changed the actor who played Jack (of the awesome couple 'Jack and Jennifer') and I completely lost interest. I wonder what happened to that dude?

Critter said...

Come to think of it, I think Jack was evil back then. Maybe that's why it got worse when they changed, because then suddenly he was nice and thus very boring. I don't really remember. Maybe I never watched at all.

Cathy said...

Don't feel bad - I used to watch All My Children when my kids were little - after I went back to work I didn't watch for years and then I was home sick one day and I was scrolling through the channels and I happened upon All My Children again...guess what - most of the same characters were still in the show and it even seemed to be a very familiar story line! You can imagine my surprise! I stay away from all of the soaps now because I don't have time to be hooked anymore. I have to be careful to choose my shows carefully and I am totally addicted to Grey's. Hopefully they will have some new stories soon!
Congratulations to Greg!
Love you tons,
Tante Greasy

Heather Jones said...

I remember us all rushing home to watch it after school and then going to see matt at the salt palace!!1 I bet it is still the same plot!!! I have not watched in years!!!

Kelli said...

You don't have to feel bad Patti, Pam and I have been addicted to Y&R for years now!

Momma J said...

This is funny to me Jen. When Greg was a baby, I would rock him to sleep. But the only way to keep him asleep was to leave him on my chest. We didn't have a remote for the TV and not wanting to move Greg, I stayed put in the chair. That's when I started watching Days. I haven't seen it for 20 plus years, but I have seen Marlena and Roman and John get killed off several times, Tony get killed, Steffano get killed numerous times, and then a few years later, magically, they are alive and back in the story line. Oh, and don't forget Bo and Hope! The most amazing thing is that Marlena never ages...What is that all about???? Anyway, near as I can tell, this is what happens to stay at home moms! Enjoy it while you can. Love you.