Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Priorities

I was making bread the other day when Owen and his friends came in. They asked me what I was making this time and said that I am always making things AND that I make everything from scratch. 

I almost died a little. I was that mom! The mom that makes everything from scratch! I was (and continue to be) so excited. 

Of course, this mom can't possibly do it all. While I may make things from scratch these days, I am watching Owen right now during his tennis lesson and he is wearing my flip flops. We donated his tennis shoes after the Dirty Dash and one Croc got up and walked away the other day. He is not wearing my shoes out of choice, but rather because he has NO shoes.

Flip flops are fine for tennis. Who needs shoes anyway, after all, I am the mom who is always making something and makes everything from scratch!! Isn't that enough?

UPDATE: Sooo, apparently shoes are important. The lesson ended and his coach told me that Owen did great and then added an aside saying ever so nicely, "try to get him some shoes, there is only so much you can do in flip flops". 

Yes! We will get right on that! Today! I mean, we were coincidently headed there now! 

Then we drove away and I apologized to Owen. He responded ever so nicely and said , "it is ok, don't worry... Well kind of worry". 

New shoes it is!  

No comments: