Sunday, March 3, 2013

I’m Sailing!

It was time for the 2nd trip on the 12 trips of 2013 tour.  Take a busy month and add to it a bunch of sickies in my house, we opted for a day trip.  At first we wondered if a day trip was ok or if it would be lame, and then we remembered we made up the rules and this time, a day trip was fine!  The rules of our trips are simple, something fun that we have never done before. 

We certainly have never been on a sailboat!

I got a text from Steve for a free boat trip and February’s adventure was soon going to be a reality. 

Angie called me before we left and asked if I really wanted to come. 

“I hate the water, I hate sailing, I hate boats, I hate to be cold, are you kidding, I am coming!”

We sat freezing on the boat (cause we only take adventures where we practically freeze to death), with the most perfect sailing captain, and I looked at our kids having less than the time of their life on a boat and I laughed.  I still laugh.  It was one of those surreal moments when you look around and despite the dark clouds, the wind blowing, the life jackets stuck in the kids’ faces, the babies that can barely move, and the fear of being on the water on a 17 person sailboat, and you realize that you are somehow having so much fun. 

And if there was any question about whether it was a good day, as they started the motor, I heard a little voice say, “Owen, I want to hold your hand” and then I knew that no matter what happened, well other than if our boat had capsized, I was a fan of sailing.

 IMG_7139

IMG_7137

IMG_7144 1

IMG_7152

IMG_7154

IMG_7160

IMG_1776IMG_1775

dQxVkMDz9aCnXi603dNuCDkKihgmrdiU8IygpRz7NbY

No comments: