Monday, March 11, 2013

Freaking out a little

There are two reasons everyone looks forward to the last day of school. 1. Summer vacation and 2. YEARBOOKS.

I temporarily went insane at the beginning of the year and I responded to a help wanted flyer from the PTA. I volunteered to not only be on the yearbook committee, but head that committee.

I started out with 3 committee members and now I have 1. That 1 is leaving during the last two weeks before the submission deadline for Hawaii and Canada. I am not sure what happened to the other members other than one deserted her assigned task in the middle of it and the other hasn't responded to the last three emails.

The worst part, I prefer to be a committee of one. I am pretty sure I should go to therapy or something for rejoicing in the fact that my help left. What can I say, I like things my own way and with too many cooks in the kitchen, well it doesn't look like what is in my head.

My submission deadline is fast approaching on April 5. I don't mind being a yearbook team of 1 1/2 but if I start to think of the gravity of the situation, that I am basically in charge of creating MEMORIES for 600 plus people, I feel my chest tighten a tad. Let me say that again, MEMORIES FOR 600 plus people. One of the two reasons you look forward to last day of school will be made by me. I am creating a book people will save for years to come.

I am crazy for taking it on and crazy for wishing away my staff, and yet on a daily basis I think about who I should talk to in order to secure my job for next year and what I will do different.

My first order of business - figuring out how to avoid a committee from the beginning.

I know, I need therapy.


1 comment:

Momma J said...

You are my polar opposite - I would be running the other way!! However because I know you, you will have an outstanding book and will nominated to do this until your last child is out of school!
You have my greatest admiration!