Thursday, May 31, 2012

Of Course she Said that

I think my car is fixed.  I have my doubts, but things seem to be working.  I had to work with Christine again.  I didn’t mind her this time until I went to pick up my car.  I had requested a loaner car as I had no way to pick up Owen from school without one.  I was turning the car back in (as an aside, why do loaner cars always smell bad) and I explained to her that I understood that I had signed the paperwork stating that I would bring the car back full of gas but after I signed it and got to driving away, I began to regret the JN on that box and I didn’t really feel like a fill-up was necessary based on our recent history together.  Not only that, but I drove 30 miles.  15 home and 15 back.  

With a smile, the one they learn in customer service school that you can see right through, she let me know that she would waive the cost of the 30 miles.  It couldn’t be that simple, right? Nope.  I was then presented with an inquiry as to whether I at least understood the logic behind it. 

Of course I understand the logic behind it but does she understand the logic behind me not wanting to pay for it when the only reason I was even there was due to their incompetence and inability to diagnose a problem and fix it.  I refrained from saying mean things and simply replied with a calm yes.  She then went on to say that she was glad I understood because sometimes people from other countries come in and don’t understand the logic behind it.  And then she must not have believed that I understood the logic because she went on to explain the logic behind it is that you would be driving your own car. 

A little clarification was now in order to which I explained that had my car been fixed right the first time, I wouldn’t be driving my car anywhere on this particular rainy Tuesday.  No, I would be home doing puzzles and waiting for my son to get done with school.  

It was then she looked at me like I was from another country, and left me to conclude she did not understand the logic behind that at all. 

No comments: