Thursday, May 10, 2012

1st time camping

Owen and Greg are about to embark on their first camping trip tomorrow because i am making them. They are going with some friends on a church father/son trip.

Greg informed me that the last time he went camping was late junior high / early high school. Now, considering we are just two years shy of our 20 year high school reunion, that is a long time ago.

Owen informed me that he really wishes he and I could go camping alone sometime. Clearly he has no idea what camping means.

They are grilling hot dogs for dinner, I am sending Owen with a peanut butter sandwich; there is a Dutch oven dessert, I am sending Owen with some Oreos; and then there will be a breakfast, I am sending an extra peanut butter sandwich.

We had to borrow a tent, lantern, and sleeping bags from Angie and earlier tonight Owen asked what a lantern was.

So then, we have Greg with camping experience twenty years ago and Owen who doesn't know what a lantern is. They make a great team. Bring on the first camp trip and please bless Greg can put up the tent.

(and I am really glad they are going with friends on an organized camp trip or I may never see them again)

1 comment:

Jen A. said...

Good luck to Greg and Owen!! I remember Ammon's 1st Father and Son's, I was deathly afraid that he was going to get lost in the woods...nope, he just sat their on the camp chair almost the entire time and "took in" the new and exciting experience! They will have such a great time:)