Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I want so much

I was looking out my back window about a month ago and I had a vision.  I needed to remove two big bushes from behind my kitchen window, tear out my current concrete back there, replace the old and fill in the dirt from the bushes with a beautiful new patio.  It was genius and I could already envision us out on the new patio with installed lights watching the kids swing, having BBQs this summer and roasting marshmallows over our new fire pit. 

The problem of course, is that this is not cheap.  In fact, the bid I have is for entirely too much.  But, I REALLY want it.  I decided about a week ago that I would put this wonderful idea out of my head and work on saving more money for this awesome plan. 

Then, my neighbor, who just re-did his driveway, was talking tonight with the guy who did his driveway, and sent him my way (at my earlier request).  He came over and spoke with his Spanish accent and told me how beautiful it will be and how big it will be and how lovely stamped and colored concrete is.  He took some pictures of my yard, and informed me he would be back on Sunday with some drawings and ideas and then they can get going. 

I realize that somehow my plan is moving itself forward and I am left wondering if this man accepts payment plans or small children …..

No comments: