Monday, May 28, 2012

And they remain useless

I called the car dealer first thing on Friday morning.  I informed “Lisa” that I just had my car in there the day before and the problem didn’t appear to be fixed at all.  She said, “you had your car in here yesterday?”  Awesome.   I was then asked to hold for a minute.  After holding I was suddenly transferred to the tail end of someone’s voicemail.  I called back to find out if that was intentional.  Lisa answered again and I asked her if she meant to transfer me to a voicemail.  She said she was trying to transfer me to Christine who I was assigned to from the beginning (I will be asking for a new person, not a fan of this Christine girl) and she would try to page her again. 

This time a gentleman picked up the phone and asked what seemed to be the problem.  I , as nice as humanly Jenniferly possible, again explained the problem, to which I was again presented with the same question, “you say you dropped your car off yesterday?”  Even more awesome.  Maybe, if they forgot to work on it, it would explain why it wasn’t fixed.   Again, the gentleman says he needs to speak with Christine and we would get some answers for me. 

Answers? Here, let me help you: My car was fixed, it doesn’t work, I need to bring it back in, you suck.  Seemed pretty clear to me.

I wait and wait and wait some more for a phone call back.  2 1/2 hours later I call and ask if I could speak to someone about my car.  I am informed the service manager will be calling me back.  Okay then. 

Another hour and half or so passes and I still have heard nothing.  I call up again and ask to speak to the service manager.  Naturally, I got his voicemail. 

Fast forward to the long awaited return phone call:

“Hi, this is Kevin, is this Jennifer?”

“Yes.”

“I have a message here that there are some problems with your vehicle.”

“Yes, I brought it in yesterday, had new parts installed and it doesn’t seem to be fixed and no one seems to be able to talk to me about it.”

“Well, what can we do for you to make you happy?”

Here comes an extra long pause while I try to formulate a sentence over my utter shock.  Nevermind.  Impossible.

“Um,  it seems pretty simple, I want you to fix my car and I am beginning to think nothing was done yesterday.”

“Well, I assure you it was worked on and the parts were installed.  In fact, you had my best technician work on it and those parts cost more than $1,000.”

“I don’t really care what the parts cost or who worked on it, I am bothered by the fact that you installed parts for nothing and I have to be without a car again.”

“I am sorry, when can you come in.”

“Tuesday morning.”

“Ok, thanks, see you then.”

He was obviously very concerned.

And then there was my favorite part with Christine.

“Hi, I had called earlier and made an appointment for Tuesday to bring my car back in, but I was just wondering if I could bring it in toda…"  “Oh, sure you can bring it in today”   “….to have it looked at so that perhaps you could fix it on Tuesday.”  “Oh, well, we can’t look at it today but you can bring it in.”.  “Why would I want to drop off my car on a Friday so you can look at it on Tuesday?”  “Well, I can loan you a Tacoma.”  “Three kids in the Tacoma doesn’t work so well, nevermind.”  (and then there were words in my head that are not nice.)

This could have been so simple, here, let me show you: “Hi, I had my car in there yesterday and it doesn’t seem to be fixed.”  “Oh, that is terrible, I am so sorry.  I am afraid we will have to have it back in to look at it.  I am sorry for the inconvenience for you, but we will take a look at it and make sure it gets done.”  “I can bring it in on Tuesday.”  “Ok, see you then.”  Done.  Nope.  Useless I tell you. 

No comments: