Saturday, June 19, 2010

It’s Official.

You know how deep down you always hope that you are doing things right for your kids and that you are being the mom that you always want to be? Well, I have always thought that despite my faults, perhaps I still do a good job. 

It was brought to my attention the other day, that I may have officially failed at being a mom.

Me: "Owen, let’s draw some pictures and write some letters.”

O: “OK”.

O: “Mom, I drew a snake, now I need to color it in, what should I use?”

Me: “Find your crayons.”

And here comes the bad part…

O: “What are crayons?”

Me: “Owen, you know what crayons are.”

O: “No, I have no idea.”

Me: “I know you know what crayons are.”

O: “MOM! I can’t remember! Can you find some and remind me what they are?”

Me: “Ok, but I know you know.”

J finds some crayons and says: “This is a crayon.”

O: “OH YES! I remember now.”

So the good news is he remembered.  The bad news is that my child who is almost 5 claimed he didn’t know what crayons are.  What soon to be 5 year old doesn’t know what a crayon is?!!

And so tonight, and each and every night, we shall color a picture, with crayons, before we head off to bed. IMG_4173

(and my other one thinks crayons are an after dinner snack)

IMG_4180

(A BUFFET Of CRAYONS)IMG_4182 - 1

And look how enjoyable the moment was….

IMG_4184 - 1

No comments: