Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Innocence

Being 4 – almost 5 – must be so great.  I know it has its troubles, like having to wear jeans even though they don’t feel right cause your mom hasn’t cleaned the non-jean pants yet, or having to wait a day before playing with your friends cause you refuse to leave your sister alone,  or having to pick up the dirty laundry against your will to put it in the basket.

But, oh how nice would it to be a 4 year old boy and decide that you need a purse, cause a purse is used to carry things.  And what would a 4 year-old boy need to carry? Well, his mom’s ipod of course.  In fact, my boy thinks he can have my ipod touch and I should get a new one.  Or better yet, he is going to buy himself one for his birthday, and once he buys his ipod, he is getting a purse to put it in.

It is all so simple.  So free of judgment and worry.   His $9.00 is enough.  Boys and girls can have a purse.

(Oh, and as I type this, he just told me that he needs a phone too – he needs one and he is going to put his friend’s numbers in it.)

I love 4. Although, his gifts at 3 were much cheaper.  IMG_3830

1 comment:

BYU Hottie said...

I love that kid. I smile just thinking about his reasonings. :)