Saturday, August 22, 2009

Well Children

I took the kids in for their well child visits.  Owen’s 4 year old check-up and Ivy’s one month check-up.

Owen is in the 90th percentile for height and 88th for weight.  He knows his letters and some numbers, he can spell and write his name, he can do simple math, he eats like a 4 year old (hates chicken and all vegetables and cotton candy (he thinks it tastes like hair), loves nuggets (yes chicken) and macaroni & cheese), he is good to his mom (I was informed yesterday that he loves me so much that it is even more than pizza and even more than breadsticks.  I was also told that I am a little skinnier than his dad but that I am still cute) and he loves his dad (although he says he loves his mom a little more).  He started telling jokes the other day…. what kind of cell phone does a turtle use? a shell phone.  and they go on…. what kind of cell phone does a bat use? a wing phone.  he made that one up.  He loves his sister and welcomes her to family everyday “WELCOME to THE FAMILY BABY!”.  

And without question, he is odd:

He had an eye test at the doctor.  I have no idea why, but this is how he read the eye chart:

                                             P8124672 Two eyes first and then alternating eyes.   P8124674                                          P8124673

Ivy is in the 25th percentile for height and 50th for weight.  She is strong and loves to stand, she likes to be up to see what is going on and loves to lift her head, her eating is simple, she likes milk.  She is sleeping through the night with waking up occasionally to eat once.   She won’t sleep in the cradle only in the bed (who knew that all I needed to buy was a $25.00 bed rail to prevent her from rolling off the bed).  She loves to smile and she is tolerant to Owen’s affection.

I adore them both.  They bring such joy in my life!

P8154708

P8224767

No comments: