Sunday, August 23, 2009

Some of the Reasons

Greg needs a post. A post devoted entirely to him. A post that reminds him why I love him. A post that says I love him.

I do. I love him.

I love the chicken tacos he always makes me.

I love that he rarely complains about the two kids in our bed.

I love that he brushes Owen’s teeth every night.

I love that he lets me do the finances.

I love that he trusts my decisions.

I love that he is friends with my brother.

I love that he knows how excited I was to have Angie back from her trip.

I love that he bought me a pink sheep blanket for Christmas.

I love that he knows to wash at least a few things with the baseball uniform.

I love that he makes a turkey sandwich almost everyday for work.

I love that the fridge consists of a million type of mustards.

I love that he is always on the look out for a good seasoning.

I love that he grills my dad a steak before he eats his own dinner.

I think I love his love for baseball (not so sure on this one yet).

I love that he teaches Owen about sports.

I love the way he takes care of Ivy.

I love it all. The good stuff. The bad stuff.

Our anniversary of 6 years was all but forgotten by our 1 day old baby.

I thought it, but I never got to tell him thank you for loving me and I never got to tell him that I will love him forever.

I will. I love you.

2 comments:

Momma J said...

Jen - you need a post entirely to you:
I love that you love my son.
I love that you love my grandchildren.
I love that you feel the need to be all be together - even in bed.
I love that you are so smart that you can do the finances.
I love that you make sensible decisions..with your family...with your work...with your life.
I love that you are close to your family.
I love that you have come to love my family - no matter what!
I love that you love pink sheep blankets and can understand baseball is Greg's sheep blanket!
I love that you love Owen and Ivy and see them as the most important part of your existence.
I love a million things about you Jen - mostly I love that you are my son's wife - and my sweet daughter-in-law and my grandchildren's mother. I love you.

Geoffrey said...

Jen, your blog if so lovely and tender. I love experiencing more of this side of you through your wonderful blogs! I especially love this blog. Your view of marriage is so "logical," and I still chuckle about marrying someone "who irritates you the least." While it is very true and wise, it also is lovely to experience this more emotional side of you as well. Greg is very lucky to have you in his life, and you have been so good for him too. I know he loves you in so many ways, and it is touching when you share your view so publicly! Thanks for being in all our lives! geoffrey