Thursday, August 13, 2009

Amusing

The day started like this:

J: "Good morning O!, How did you sleep?"
O: "I am too busy to talk to you right now and say good morning, I have to go and see if the chickens laid any eggs."
J: "Oh, ok, I will be here when you aren't so busy."

And then he turned around and blew me a little kiss, and then, as he reached for the door he turned back around and looked at me. He turned around, came over to where I was and hugged me.

O: "Actually, I have enough time to say good morning and hug you."

And then the day had this in the middle:
O: "Mom, why did my finger bleed".
J: " Because you cut it on something sharp and you have blood inside your body. Everyone has blood to make their bodies work and to help them stay alive."
O: "Mom, how am I still alive if my blood came out"

And this:
O: "Mom, I went outside to look for the egg and the chicken was sitting on it, I said, "Move chicken", he didn't so I reached under it and grabbed the egg. He tried to peck me so I took the egg and ran away".

And this:
J: "Owen, I can't wait until Noni comes back, I miss my sister."
O: "Huns", he says (Huns being short for Honey and he calls me that all day), "Huns, don't worry, she will be back in no time. Just don't think about it and she will be back, just don't even think about it."

And of course this:
O: "Huns, would you like me to make you some dinner?" he says as he pets my face.
J: "No, I am ok, but thank you anyway."
O: "It is okay Huns, I will make you a salad if you want"

And then this:
O: "DADDY! I DON'T WANT THAT CHEESE, IT IS NOT BIG ENOUGH!!!", screams Owen to Greg. And then in his sweetest voice, he looks at me and says, "It is ok Huns, I am not yelling at you, I am just yelling at my dad."

And it ended with this:
O: "Mom, is it time to snuggle for bed? I love when I get to snuggle with my mom."

Today was a good day.

3 comments:

Bits & Pieces said...

Awwww, he is a sweet one!! Makes up for all the evilness of the other day doesn't it.

Momma J said...

Jen, I'm so glad you're recording these precious little bits of conversation! It makes me feel like I am right there with you guys. I love it!

Geoffrey said...

What wonderful interactions between a mother and son! Thanks for sharing them. It is a joy to experience them with you. It is clear why Owen has such a big and loving heart with the way you and Greg connect with him! What a great Mom!
geoffrey