Friday, June 5, 2009

Lower Expectations

I worry sometimes that I am not "entertaining" Owen enough. Perhaps I am ok......

After waking up and getting ready for the day, it was out the door for some fun with friends. We spent the day feeding animals, playing on swings, eating snacks and hanging out in the nice warm sun.










After leaving the farm, it was off to the doctor. Owen and Greg bought a chocolate snack and hung out in the car opening and closing windows and climbing on the seats.

With the doctor's visit behind us, Owen and I headed home only to decide we should go to Costco and buy some grapes and bunny crackers (this was a shopping trip for Owen).

After leaving Costco, Owen and I decided Red Robin sounded better for dinner than making something ourselves.

While at Red Robin I said to Owen, "We sure did a lot of things today, did you have a fun day?"

He replied, "Yes".

To which I responded, "What was your favorite part of the day?"

Without hesitation he said, "Carrying around my owl, that is always my favorite part."

I guess I can stop worrying about what the day holds and make sure I just bring the owl.

3 comments:

Lori said...

How fun! It is good for kids to learn to entertain themselves too though. I often wonder if I do enough stuff "with" my kids but they have each other and I know they will be stronger and better people if they don't rely on me to entertain them all the time.

Joyce said...

I wish my girls were that easy to please...

Nanci said...

Oh my gosh, welcome to my first years with Kennedy. I always felt like I should be doing stuff with her with all of my spare moments. It made me nuts. I try really hard not to feel like that. I have this thing that I like to call, "independent play time." hehehe It's harder to do now because of his crazy age, but sometimes I think it's good for him to just sit in his pen and look at his blocks or a book or something. I think it helps his attention span. But, ya know, all just opinions. Probably just a bunch of crap that balances me between bad feelings, losing my mind, and trying to make money, feed, bathe, and MOST OF ALL enjoy my relationship with my kid. =]